Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Time Slips By






The leaves rustle under my feet, 

every step I take is a new one for me. 
With my eyes so emotionless, I walk aimlessly, 
My past flashes randomly in front of me.


My lips are trembling, the wind is chilly, 
my shoulders hurt, my bag must be heavy. 
I complain about almost everything around me, 
I am not yet old, but a young girl in her twenties. 


Was being loyal a big mistake?
To find out the truth a wrong step did I take?
Why did standing up for someone hurt so bad?
When all I could not see was anyone sad!


Was I showed not the whole truth?
Was I being fooled and given the royal boot?
Was I shoved around because I was pliable?
Was all that I knew in fact not as reliable?


Should I talk to them or just let them be?
Should I stick to the ones who keep in touch with me?
Should I apologize or try not to be there?
Should I do what a friend must or try not to care?


A snowflake settles on my nose, 
While I keep thinking about what life often shows. 
Time just slips by without a say,
No answers to my questions, so I smile and walk away. 



No comments:

Post a Comment